Smart Saving Strategies
Smart saving strategies can help get you on the right economic track.
Being a smart consumer should be everyone's goal. These tips and strategies will help in difficult economic times and alleviate unnecessary stress; thus being able to enjoy the simpler things in life.
- Have a budget.
- Cash in on online discounts and rebates.
- Bundle cable, internet and phone services to receive special priced packages that can drastically reduce costs.
- Improve your credit rating to receive better deals.
- Refinance your mortgage to take advantage of lower interest rates.
- Check out library books and DVDs instead of purchasing or renting.
- Consolidate credit cards to better track spending
- Charge only what you can afford to pay at the end of the billing cycle.
- Lower energy bills by replacing incandescent bulbs with compact fluorescent bulbs.
- Buy a car instead of leasing and plan on diving it longer.
- Close off ac vents in unused rooms.
- Reduce cable costs by getting rid of some service.
- Eat in and brown bag your lunch
- Buy energy efficient appliances.
- Insulate your home.
- Get healthy and lower insurance costs.
- Buy online which offer additional savings incentives to consumers and often provides free shipping. You are also less likely to purchase unnecessary items and save on gas by not driving around.
- Take advantage of employer 401(k) matches.
- Cancel gym memberships and workout at home or at a park.
- Reduce or eliminate home phone service.
- Increase insurance deductibles and pay premiums semi-annually to lower bill and receive incentives for paying faster.
- Avoid credit cards with annual fees.
- Choose a credit card that offers rewards.
- Convert water heaters to gas.
- Buy fuel efficient cars.
- Purchase cars with attractive extended warranties.
- Consider VOiP telephone service.
- Repurpose furniture and household items.
- Start a change jar with spare coins that can add up quickly.
- Buy generic whenever possible.
- Sign up your email account to receive savings from your favorite restaurants, stores or clubs.